“My Letter to the World”
60-minute guided tour of both the Homestead (Emily Dickinson’s house) and The Evergreens (Austin and Susan Dickinson’s home)
- In-depth focus on Emily Dickinson’s life and family and the major influences on her writing.
- Includes the parlors, library, and the poet’s bedroom at the Homestead; the library, parlor, dining room, kitchen, maid’s room, water closet, nursery, and “Emily Room” at The Evergreens.
- Offered Wednesday through Sunday, March through December, from 11AM to 4PM. During the months of June, July, and August, the Museum is open for extended hours, Wednesday through Monday, from 10AM to 5PM, with the last tour offered at 4:30PM.
- From time to time, we must modify the tour schedule to accommodate large group tours or special events.
- Regular Tour Times: (Subject to change) 11AM, 11:30AM, 12PM, 12:30PM, 1PM, 1:30PM, 2PM, 2:30PM, 3PM, 3:30PM.
- Summer Tour Times: (Subject to change) 10AM, 10:30AM, 11AM, 11:30AM, 12PM, 1PM, 1:30PM, 2PM, 2:30PM, 3PM, 4PM, 4:30PM.
Students (18+): $10
Students of the Five College Consortium: Free (with current ID for Amherst, Hampshire, Mount Holyoke, or Smith Colleges, and the University of Massachusetts-Amherst)
Youth (17 and under): Free
Current members of the Massachusetts Teacher Association and K-12 educators with valid identification receive discounted admission. Discounted admission is also offered to other K-12 educators with valid identification. Active members of the United States military are admitted free of charge.