The Emily Dickinson Museum welcomes groups of 6-50 people to explore the rich world of Emily Dickinson through guided tours. A Museum staff member will work with you to create a memorable visit tailored to your group’s interests. Groups may choose from our full menu of tours to explore Emily Dickinson’s poetry, place, and lasting legacy.
See below for guided tour selections.
For College and K-12 Groups, please visit our Education section.
- Advance registration is required for all groups. Reservations should be made at least two weeks in advance. For groups larger than 15, we ask for at least one month’s notice. Please use our group form request.
- The Program Coordinator will be in touch within two business days, and will work with you to find a date and time for your visit.
- You will receive a Group Tour Policy Agreement and Tour Invoice. A signed Agreement and non-refundable deposit will be due in two weeks. Their return is required to secure your reservation.
- No visits are scheduled until confirmed by a staff member.
Questions? Call 413.542.2034 or e-mail email@example.com.
For information for visitors with disabilities, please see Accessibility.
“This Was a Poet”
45-minute guided tour of the Homestead (Emily Dickinson’s house) only
- Introduces visitors to Emily Dickinson by discussing her family, education, and poetry
- Includes the parlors, library, and Dickinson’s bedroom
- Includes informal participatory reading of Dickinson poems
Pricing: $60 for up to 6 guests, $10 for each addition
“My Letter to the World”
60-minute guided tour of both the Homestead (Emily Dickinson’s house) and The Evergreens (Austin and Susan Dickinson’s home)
- In-depth focus on Emily Dickinson’s life and family and the major influences on her writing
- Includes the parlors, library, and the poet’s bedroom at the Homestead; the library, parlor, dining room, kitchen, maid’s room, and water closet at The Evergreens
Pricing: $80 for up to 6 guests, $13 for each addition
“Emily Dickinson’s World”
90-minute guided tour of both the Homestead (Emily Dickinson’s house) and The Evergreens (Austin and Susan Dickinson’s home)
- Exclusive to groups, this extended tour provides a rich introduction to the Dickinson’s life and poetry, and allows time to explore additional topics in depth
- Includes the parlors, library, and the poet’s bedroom at the Homestead; the library, parlor, dining room, kitchen, maid’s room, water closet, nursery, and Emily Room at The Evergreens
Pricing: $90 for up to 6 guests, $13 for each addition