VISITING THE MUSEUM
Explore the home of one of the world’s greatest poets with your class. Delve into Dickinson’s life and verse through guided discussion with an experienced guide. Visit the bedroom where Dickinson penned most of her nearly 1,789 poems and investigate replicas of her original manuscripts.
CUSTOMIZING THE EXPERIENCE
The Museum does not allow self-guided visits within the Dickinson houses, but we support teachers in leading writing or other activities as part of their trip. Contact the Education Programs Manager to:
- Discuss how we can tailor content or teaching methods to support your group
- Request additional activities
PLANNING YOUR TRIP
Due to current work in the Evergreens, the maximum size for a standard class visit is 25 people. It is possible for larger groups to visit the Museum on an adjusted schedule; please complete a request form for more information.
Reservations must be made at least three weeks in advance of your visit and are subject to availability.
- Amherst schools are free of charge
- Homestead Only (45-60 minutes): $8 per student; 9 person minimum
- Trip leaders and a limited number of chaperones are free of charge. Aides are free of charge.
Questions? Write the Education Program Manager at email@example.com or call (413) 542-2034.